Benefits of Dental Implants - Nashville, TN
Dental implants are titanium posts that are placed in your jaw as a way of holding a replacement tooth or bridge in place. They both look and function like natural teeth. Dentures are tooth replacements that rest on the gums and do not integrate with the jaw bone. Dental implants are generally more favorable to dentures or fixed bridges, because they are healthier and more comfortable. Although not everyone qualifies for dental implants in Nashville, TN for those that do, there are many benefits to implants vs. dentures.
The Benefits of Dental Implants vs. Dentures in Nashville, TN
• Titanium roots – Dental implants are made from titanium; a material that is naturally compatible with the body. Dentures made from plastic or acrylics will usually cause irritation to the gums.
• Increased stability – Over time, titanium implants become naturally fused with bone tissue and replicate the structure of a tooth root. This provides a strong foundation that eliminates slippage to make activities such as eating and talking easier.
• Replace any number of missing teeth – Dentures and fixed bridges are usually only optional when replacing several missing teeth. Implants, however, can replace even a single tooth.
• Sustainability – Titanium roots are resistant to decay, which makes dental implants a sustainable and possibly lifelong solution.
• Preservation of bone – Dental implants in Nashville, TN act like natural teeth to stimulate surrounding tissue and prevent bone deterioration.
With proper care and maintenance, dental implants vs dentures can become a lifelong solution for tooth replacement. You just need to treat them the same way as natural teeth. Brushing and flossing twice a day along with regular visits to Nashville Periodontal Group can go a long way. To learn more about dental implants vs. dentures in Nashville, TN, and which option is best for you, Contact Nashville Periodontal Group today.
See our Before and After photos!